What should happen and why? What will change?
What should happen?
- The vicinity of the National Museum has been made more pleasant in general
- A new public space between the National Museum buildings has been created
- Vehicle transit is still possible
- Cycling opportunities have been improved
- A unifying element has been introduced - specific light granite paving in the Prague format of a large cube that corresponds to the renewed color of the National Museum building
- Traffic-related changes in connection with the reconstruction of Vinohradská Street
- Addition of widening pedestrian crossings
- Replenishment of trees planted directly in the pavement with raised beds thus ensuring better water retention
- Renovation of Čelakovské sady to improve the safety and layout of the park
- New connection to the tram line on Vinohradská and Škrétova streets
- Extension of the Muzeum tram stop island
- Implementation of a pilot location with benches, trash cans and a bicycle stand from the designer competition for new Prague street furniture